Features & Additional information
Efraim Juntunen of Swedish black metal pioneers Naglfar takes you on board for a journey down the long and winding rapids of black metal drums.
From the steady doom-like beats to the rampant, grinding tirades and violent outbursts in fills, Juntunen steers his vessel with one firm and central idea: keeping it simple and to the point.
“To me, a steady and consistent beat is key. A lot of times, I hear drummers go off and completely lose track of the song. Especially in a songwriting scenario, when all you’re looking for is the perfect beat, something too busy can be a real hurdle. I have intentionally left all of that out and made a collection of grooves tailored for songwriting,” he commented.
Just like on a canvas, it’s easier to add than to take away what’s already there. Start forging your next piece of black metal today.
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by classic and modern black metal
- Performed by Efraim Juntunen (Naglfar)
- More than 420 individually played files
- 4/4 and 6/8 in straight and/or swing feel
- Tempos ranging from 70 to 220 BPM
- Song structure categorization (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc)